Gilbert L. Sena Charter HS has a full-time position available for an outstanding HS guidance counselor. Candidate must have a NMPED school counseling license with minimum of two years (internship may be included) of successful work in a HS setting and prefer experience in the following areas:
• Collects, analyzes, and uses data to develop, implement, and evaluate the school counseling program.
• Schedules students and tracks credits. Provides students and families with immediate and long-range educational planning and course selection as appropriate. Completes student Next Step Plans.
• Supports the growth of the Response to Intervention (RtI) framework. Maintains strong knowledge of academic and behavioral interventions.
• Provides individual and group counseling for students. Additionally, provides presentations on academic, career, and social emotional topics within the classroom or school-wide setting.
• Makes appropriate referrals to assist parents/families and students to obtain the benefit from needed special school and/or community services.
• Provides workshops for parents and families to assist them in acquiring an understanding of students and techniques and strategies essential for academic and personal/social growth. Outreaches effectively to families and increases parent involvement.
Required knowledge: current trends and best practices for providing a comprehensive school counseling program; thorough knowledge of counseling theories and skills, group dynamics and small group processes, as well as, the ASCA Model; the ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential; an in-depth knowledge of child development, group and individual counseling techniques, conflict resolution techniques, and community resources; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, students, teachers, support staff and associates; excellent oral and written communication skills; expertise with internet and computer programs. Preferred knowledge: Dual Credit program management and School Master School Information System. Sena HS provides COMPETITIVE SALARIES. Send letter of intent, resume and references to Nadine Torres at 69 Hotel Circle NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer
FULL TIME HS ENDORSED SCIENCE TEACHER
Gilbert L Sena Charter High is a successful and established charter school on the east side of Albuquerque that serves students grades 9-12. We are a technology-based school that utilizes a hybrid curriculum of computer and teacher direct instruction in a fully-inclusive setting. Applicants must have a NM 9-12 Secondary teaching license and have a highly qualified endorsement in area of science. Prior experience with Baldrige Framework and hybrid instructional model preferred. Sena HS provides COMPETITIVE SALARIES. Send letter of intent, resume and references to Nadine Torres at email@example.com or to 69 Hotel Circle NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. Equal Opportunity Employer
PART TIME DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Executive Director of Gilbert L. Sena Charter HS is accepting applications for Director of Development. Sena High is a charter school on the east side of Albuquerque and serves grades 9-12. The Development of Director is a part time position that will be responsible for developing, leading and managing the fund development, marketing, community involvement and building business partnerships to support the overall leadership of Sena Charter HS.
Qualifications: Outreach to Parents, Business Community and Higher Education Organizations, Development of applications for grants, maintain Sena High website, review/develop Sena High procedures and policies to maintain compliance with federal/state law, archive/develop proposed policies for GC, provide support, as needed, to the Executive Director, the school’s leadership team and Governance Council. Committed to the Sena HS mission, vision, programs and be an enthusiastic, motivated representative and supporter of Sena Charter HS.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and letter of intent to Nadine Torres, at 69 Hotel Circle NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.